Rehabilitation Following Illness or Injury
The intensive rehabilitation program at Centennial Hills Hospital Outpatient Therapy Center can help you achieve the highest level of independence possible, following an illness or injury. Therapy after an injury, illness or medical procedure can promote healing, increase strength and endurance and teach you how to prevent further pain or injury. Centennial Hills Hospital staff offers a therapy plan tailored specifically to your needs. Specialty care can help you rebuild your strength and endurance and achieve a higher level of independence.
The services we offer include:
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Physical therapy
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Speech therapy
- Sports medicine
- Spine rehabilitation
- Dry needling
Our equipment includes:
- Strengthening machines
- Stationary bicycles
- Upper extremity ergometers
- Electrical stimulator
- Heat therapy equipment
Occupational therapy at the Outpatient Therapy Center at Centennial Hills Hospital addresses injuries as well as conditions of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. Treatment often begins within days of an injury or surgery and continues until the patient is able to return to work and a productive lifestyle. Some of the conditions that benefit from occupational therapy include:
- Hand, wrist, or arm dysfunction
- Post surgical trauma
- Traumatic injuries
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sports injuries
- Tennis elbow and other types of tendonitis
- Tendon and nerve injuries
- Carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, thoracic outlet syndrome and other nerve entrapment disorders
- Repetitive motion syndromes
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Complex regional pain syndrome
The Department of Physical Therapy at Centennial Hills Hospital provides evaluative, preventive and rehabilitative services to those with physical functioning problems. Our staff provides patients with comprehensive evaluations, one-on-one education and functional training. Services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of neuromuscular conditions.
- Evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Evaluation and treatment of neurological deficits following a stroke or intracranial surgery.
- Training of amputee patients in preparation for and use of prosthetic limbs.
- Strengthening and instruction in functional activities for patients recovering from acute medical problems, trauma and surgical procedures.
- Instruction of patients and caregivers in safe, effective function geared toward independence.
- Instruction in self-care and home exercises to promote self-management of symptoms.
- Evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic wounds to facilitate healing.
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with urinary incontinence or post-stress incontinence.
- Evaluation, treatment, and education of patients with pulmonary problems.
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with chronic pain.
- Consultation with other healthcare professionals regarding patients' requirement/potential for rehabilitation.
- Community outreach and education on: back care, posture evaluation and correction and prevention of falls.
To learn more about the Outpatient Therapy Center or to make an appointment, call 702-835-9898.